Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We're Built to Persevere!


The great heavy weight fighter Muhammad Ali once said, "I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." Life can deal us some knock out blows. Goodness knows life will stretch us at times and we've got to look around for mentors, support and positive affirmations. In spite of hard times I believe our Creator has built us to persevere. I have seen the courage to persevere in hospital rooms, in assisted living homes and in places where I least expected it. Every time you're tempted to give up, give in or give out try to remind yourself again that we're built to persevere. God has built us and made us stronger so we not only will face battles but win them too. I remember training for my high school swim team, track team and baseball team. Training always took place behind the scenes where people couldn't hear me straining and stressing to stretch and work out. But I wouldn't have won one race, or achieved anything significant in my life without deciding to go on and do the hard part even when folks couldn't see me doing it. Remember that you too are built to persevere!

No comments: